We all know why we’re here – we have very clear objectives.
- work from home
- have contracted hours other than the standard full-time hours
- look to work staggered hours and begin or end their day at different times
- consider compressed hours and job sharing
British Business Bank is a Working Families employer.
As well as allowing us to attract and retain the best talent, our Working Families membership helps us foster a truly flexible workplace. We do this by:
- benchmarking our own flexible working policies and practices
- comparing our ways of working with other organisations
- understanding the opportunities we have to improve
- creating action plans using Working Families’ expertise to change the way we do things, for the better
The COVID-19 pandemic has put the need for flexible working in the spotlight more than ever before.
We’re proud to say that we adapted quickly and successfully to remote working. By giving colleagues an allowance to buy essential office equipment, we were able to make the transition as smooth as possible.
We also shipped items – such as display screens and office chairs – to colleagues to enable them to work efficiently and safely at home.
Our remote working during the pandemic has been efficient and effective, and we’ve used the opportunity to learn more about this working method and the benefits it brings to our colleagues and the organisation as a whole.
We’ve consulted colleagues to understand what they want and need, and used this feedback to shape how we work in the future. We’ve incorporated broader ideas of flexible working that give everybody an opportunity to work differently.
We’re currently reviewing a hybrid ways of working model and will continue to engage with colleagues so we can give people choice and flexibility in how they work.