The British Business Bank Facebook Page and its Facebook Live events are intended to provide an engaging forum to share information on the small business finance market and provide information and encourage discussion on the finance options available to ambitious smaller businesses across the UK.
Rules and Restrictions on Submissions
- Users should exercise common sense and courtesy in submitting comments or materials for posting on the Facebook Group (“Submissions”). Inappropriate Submissions would include, for example, comments or materials that:
- make false or defamatory statements about others;
- are obscene, vulgar, abusive, hateful or threatening;
- harass or discriminate on the basis of race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexual preference or other factors;
- are invasive of the privacy rights of others (e.g., by including addresses, phone numbers or other personal information about third persons without their consent.)
- Submissions may not include content or materials that violate the copyrights, trademark rights or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
- Submissions may not contain unauthorised disclosures of proprietary or confidential information.
- Users may not use the Facebook Group in a manner or for a purpose that could violate any applicable laws.
- Users may not use the Facebook Group to promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or for any purpose that may be illegal.
- Users may not use or attempt to use the Facebook Group for commercial purposes. Submissions may not include advertisements for goods or services, solicitations, “spam”, chain letters, surveys, pyramid schemes or the like.
- Submissions may not include false or misleading representations by a participant of any affiliation to or any endorsement or warranty by the British Business Bank, its subsidiaries and/or the UK Government of that participant. A User may not employ false identifiers to impersonate any person or entity or to misrepresent or disguise the true origin of any content.
Right to Monitor and Administer the Facebook Group
British Business Bank reserves the right to monitor and administer the Facebook Group and, in its sole discretion, to remove any content posted to the Facebook Group. British Business Bank also reserve the right to disallow the use of any particular screen name or e-mail address, or to terminate any User’s posting privileges at any time.
Compliance with Facebook Terms and Conditions
Users must comply with the terms identified in the Facebook User Agreement found at https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
Ownership of the Facebook Group and its Contents and Associated Trademarks
All postings originated by British Business Bank and published on the Facebook Group are protected by copyright and owned by British Business Bank. Except as permitted under copyright laws? the Facebook Group and its contents may not be copied, reproduced, republished or sold, posted, transmitted, distributed, modified, or used for the creation of derivative works without British Business Banks prior written consent.
British Business Bank does not claim ownership of or copyrights in User Submissions. User understands that Submissions are not confidential and British Business Bank will be free (without compensation to User) to use or disseminate such Submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose, so long as such use is within the terms of the Facebook User Agreement. User agrees that Submissions may be published, displayed, copied, distributed, downloaded, or transmitted by British Business Bank and other participants.
All Trademarks owned by British Business Bank and published on the Facebook Group are property of British Business Bank and may not be copied and used by Users without prior written approval from British Business Bank.
Postings, including but not limited to comments and replies to discussion topics, are not to be relied on as professional opinions or advice, and postings are not intended to constitute financial or legal guidelines or to supplant individual judgment with respect to particular situations. Postings may not be construed in any way as financial, tax, accounting or other advice. The views expressed on the Facebook Group are those of the individual participants. They do not and should not be construed as representing the views of British Business Bank.
Limitations of Liability
None of the British Business Bank, or its officers, directors, employees, agents, or representatives shall be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind arising from or in any way relating to (a) the use of or inability to use the Facebook Group (b) errors in or omissions from Facebook content, (c) any third party web sites or content therein directly or indirectly accessed through links in any Facebook content, (d) the unavailability of the Facebook group, (e) any use of the Facebook group or reliance by the user on any information or content contained therein; nor shall they be liable to users or any other person for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages arising from or in any way relating to the foregoing, even if they have been advised of the possibility of such damages occurring.
Representations by users; Indemnification
User is solely responsible for the contents of his/her submissions to the Facebook group. User represents that he/she has all rights necessary to post the information, content or materials submitted to the Facebook group without violating the copyrights or any other intellectual property rights of third parties, and that no submission by the User will violate the laws or the rights of third persons.
These terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.