You can find out more information about finance products and options with the British Business Bank and ICAEW’s Business Finance Guide.
A Designated Bank will not offer a referral if any of the following apply.
- the value of the finance facility applied for is less than £1,000
- the facility applied for is sought for a period of less than 30 days
- the bank is aware that the business is subject to a statutory demand for payment, enforcement proceedings or other legal proceedings in relation to payment obligations arising under an existing finance facility
- the bank is aware that the business is subject to a formal demand
- you have declined the bank’s offer of credit solely due to price considerations.