What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your computer, smartphone or other device for accessing the internet, whenever you visit a website. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. The term ‘cookies’ can be used inter-changeably with other terms such as pixels, snippets which are all used to track individuals on our website.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly essential cookies. These are cookies that are absolutely necessary for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensure basic functionalities and security features and do not store any personal information. The lawful basis for the use of these essential cookies is recorded as legitimate interests.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works; ensuring that users are able to find what they are looking for easily.
- Functional cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our advertising and marketing campaigns more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- To find out more on cookies generally and about how to restrict or block the cookies this site uses, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
You will have the option to individually manage your cookie settings across the Analytics, Functional and Advertising categories. You will have the opportunity to revisit your preferences at any time and amend your consent, through the use of our cookie settings tool. Note: when using an incognito or private browsing session, your cookie preferences are unlikely to be remembered and you will likely be asked to provide your consent on your next visit to our website.
This information provides statistical data about our visitors browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
In summary, the cookies we use enable us:
- To estimate our general audience size and how they use our Website.
- To recognise you when you return to our Website.
- To store information about your preferences to allow us to customise our Website according to your particulars.
- Upon receiving your consent, we will also permit the Google Analytics service to collect cookies during the time you use our Website. In summary, these cookies will enable us to:
- Track the first and last pages you visit and your total number of visits to the Website.
- Track how long you spend on any page existing within our Website.
- Track how long you have been visiting the Website.
- Track how you came to access the Website including any keyword searches, search engine information or referrer.
This website uses the following cookies:
|uvc||1||1 year 27 days||This cookie is set by addthis.com to determine the usage of Addthis.com service.|
|_hjIncludedInSessionSample||0||2 minutes||This cookie is set by Hotjar and registers data on visitors' website-behaviour. This is used for internal analysis and website optimization.|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||0||30 minutes||This cookie is set by Hotjar and is used to count how many times a website has been visited by different visitors - this is done by assigning the visitor an ID, so the visitor does not get registered twice.|
|_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||0||2 minutes||This cookie is set by Hotjar and determines if the user's navigation should be registered in a certain statistical place holder.|
|_vwo_ds||1||1 month||This cookie is set by the provider Visual Website Optimiser. This cookie is used for collecting information on how visitors interact with the pages on website.|
|AnalyticsSyncHistory||0||1 month||This cookie is used in connection with data-synchronization with third-party analysis service.|
|_vwo_sn||1||30 minutes||This cookie is set by the provider Visual Website Optimiser. This cookie is used for collecting information on how visitors interact with the pages on website. It collects statistical data such as number of visits, average time spent on the website, what pages haves been read.|
|_vwo_uuid||1||10 years||This cookie generates a unique ID for every visitor and is used for the report segmentation feature in VWO. Also, this cookie allows you to view data in a more refined manner. If you have the campaign running on multiple domains, you will notice campaign-specific UUID values.|
|_vis_opt_s||1||3 months 8 days||This cookie is set by Visual Website Optimiser and is used to detect if the user is new or returning to a particular campaign.|
|_hjFirstSeen||0||30 minutes||This cookie is set by Hotjar and is used to determine if the visitor has visited the website before, or if it is a new visitor on the website.|
|_hjid||1||1 year||This cookie is set by Hotjar. This cookie is set when the customer first lands on a page with the Hotjar script. It is used to persist the random user ID, unique to that site on the browser. This ensures that behavior in subsequent visits to the same site will be attributed to the same user ID.|
|_hjTLDTest||0||session||This cookie is set by Hotjar and detects the SEO-ranking for the current website. This service is part of a third-party statistics and analysis service.|
|_vwo_uuid_v2||1||1 year||This cookie is set by Visual Website Optimiser and is used to measure the performance of different versions of web pages.|
|_gat_UA-159174638-1||0||1 minute||This cookie is set by Google Analytics.|
|_gat_UA-91774396-6||0||1 minute||This cookie is set by Google Analytics.|
|_gid||1||1 day||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected includes the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.|
|_ga||1||2 years||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.|
|_gcl_au||1||3 months||This cookie is used by Google Analytics to understand user interaction with the website.|
|personalization_id||1||2 years||This cookie is set by twitter.com. It is used integrate the sharing features of this social media platform. It also stores information about how the user uses the website for tracking and targeting.|
|IDE||1||1 year 24 days||Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website. This is used to present users with ads that are relevant to them according to the user profile.|
|targetStage||0||1 month||No description|
|loc||1||1 year 27 days||This cookie is set by Addthis. This is a geolocation cookie to understand where the users sharing the information are located.|
|bscookie||1||2 years||This cookie is a browser ID cookie set by LinkedIn share Buttons and ad tags.|
|TDID||1||1 year||This cookie is set by CloudFare to store a unique ID to identify a returning user's device which then is used for targeted advertising.|
|_fbp||1||3 months||This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver advertisement when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website.|
|fr||1||3 months||This cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisements to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.|
|UserMatchHistory||1||1 month||This cookie is set by LinkedIn and is used to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisements based on the visitor's preferences.|
|xtc||0||1 year 27 days||These cookies are for AddThis, for the purpose of sharing pages and content that interests you on our site through third party social networking or other websites.|
|__atuvc||1||1 year 27 days||This cookie is set by Addthis to make sure you see the updated count if you share a page and return to it before our share count cache is updated.|
|__atuvs||1||30 minutes||This cookie is set by Addthis to make sure you see the updated count if you share a page and return to it before our share count cache is updated.|
|lang||1||session||This cookie is used to store the language preferences of a user to serve up content in that stored language the next time user visit the website.|
|bcookie||1||2 years||This cookie is set by LinkedIn. The purpose of the cookie is to enable LinkedIn functionalities on the page.|
|lidc||1||1 day||This cookie is set by LinkedIn and used for routing.|
|_vis_opt_test_cookie||1||session||This cookie is set by Visual Website Optimiser and is a session cookie generated to detect if the cookies are enabled on the browser of the user or not.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Non Necessary".|
|test_cookie||0||11 months||This cookie is set by doubleclick.net. The purpose of the cookie is to determine if the user's browser supports cookies.|
Managing cookies within your internet browser:
Managing cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
- In the browser, choose Firefox (or ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window) and select Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Check the box labelled ‘Accept cookies from sites’ to enable to cookies, or uncheck it to disable cookies
- Click OK
Managing cookies in Safari:
- From the Safari menu (Mac) or Edit menu (Windows), click Preferences
- From the Security dialog box > Accept Cookies, to enable cookies click to select ‘Always’, or click to select ‘Never’ to disable cookies.
- Click Close
Managing cookies in Google Chrome
- Click the ‘wrench’ icon
- Click Options
- Select the ‘Under the Hood’ tab
- Under ‘Cookie Settings’ select ‘Allow all cookies’ from the drop-down to enable cookies, or ‘Block all cookies’ to disable cookies.
- Click ‘Close’