Sustainability and green events for small businesses
1 min. read
According to a study by the British Business Bank, 12% of smaller businesses cite a lack of information Link opens in a new windowas a barrier to lowering emissions and becoming net zero.
One way to keep up-to-date with environmental developments, opportunities, and new technology is to attend business events that focus on sustainability.
There are plenty of sustainability events to choose from and while many target consumers, there are a number geared to small business needs.
Many events aim to provide insights into how your business can benefit from sustainable changes and tackle climate change, along with education and networking sessions that can help support your net zero initiatives.
By learning how other entrepreneurs are responding to the net zero challenge you can determine the best path to sustainability for your business.
We've rounded up a sample selection of business-centric sustainability events and events listings for 2022, held both physically and virtually, to help you get started:
- This is how we get to Net Zero: empowering businesses to tackle climate changeLink opens in a new window
- Zero Carbon BusinessLink opens in a new window
- SX22 The Sustainability SummitLink opens in a new window
- Impact Summit 2022Link opens in a new window
- Reset ConnectLink opens in a new window
- Net Zero FestivalLink opens in a new window
- Responsible Business EuropeLink opens in a new window
- The Good Business FestivalLink opens in a new window
- Biz GatewayLink opens in a new window
Enter your postcode to find business support and case studies from businesses from within your region. You'll be taken to our interactive map.
Reference to any organisation, business and event on this page does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the British Business Bank or the UK Government. Whilst we make reasonable efforts to keep the information on this page up to date, we do not guarantee or warrant (implied or otherwise) that it is current, accurate or complete. The information is intended for general information purposes only and does not take into account your personal situation, nor does it constitute legal, financial, tax or other professional advice. You should always consider whether the information is applicable to your particular circumstances and, where appropriate, seek professional or specialist advice or support.
Discover more about sustainability
Articles you may be interested in
How to measure your carbon footprint
- Discover how to measure your business carbon footprint with our detailed guide for small businesses and start your net z ...
How to measure ESG
- Looking to adopt ESG practices as a small business? Read our in-depth guide on how to measure and implement ESG.
Green energy for small businesses
- Find out everything you need to know about green energy to make your business more sustainable and environment-friendly.