Closes: 21September 2015
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £30,000 – £45,000 p.a. plus benefits package – 30 days holiday, 15 % employer’s pension contribution, life assurance, permanent health insurance and child care vouchers.
You will be part of a small team responsible for evaluating, structuring and monitoring, British Business Bank Investments Ltd (BBBIL) debt and equity investments to support lenders whose focus is on providing debt to smaller UK companies. The role will involve working across the range of activities of BBBIL, working with investment colleagues based in the Sheffield and London offices, and liaising with legal, risk, finance, and external advisors.
- New proposal review and assessment including:
- Review of new proposals received including scoring against investment criteria;
- Engaging with applicants, both face to face and via email / telephone, to clarify proposals and obtain further information;
- Preparation and presentation of investment papers summarising analysis of proposals;
- Providing feedback to applicants following decisions to progress or reject proposals;
- Portfolio monitoring, including supporting the lead manager of each investment through:
- Preparing reports, Monitoring the portfolio of investments, and assisting lead investment managers with compliance activities.
British Business Bank Investments Limited is the commercial arm of the British Business Bank.
The British Business Bank is a unique and exciting new institution, 100% owned by the Government, but managed independently under the governance of a Board of Directors. With around £3bn of resources, we operate as a wholesale institution in a wide range of financial service markets ranging from bank lending to venture capital. We have one office in London and one in Sheffield, with staff split evenly between the two.
Our offices are friendly environments that are productive and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to work with some great people that have expertise from a range of sectors. The work itself is both challenging and enjoyable. It is our aim to create a workplace where colleagues are proud to work in.
We are looking to shortlist for this role as soon possible and therefore we encourage applications to be made by 21 September 2015.