A £10m Expansion Capital investment helped an established Chemical manufacturer build a major new plant.
Chemoxy is an advanced chemical manufacturer based in the North East. It needed finance to expand to a second site. It received £10m to help finance its expansion and provide financial stability while doing so.
|Type of funding||Expansion Capital|
Chemoxy required funding for investment in plant and machinery and to increase capacity.
Chemoxy wanted capital to increase revenue by expanding its product range.
Chemoxy experienced growth across its two manufacturing sites and developed its proprietary product range.
The journey to finance
- Chemoxy is a chemical manufacturer with two sites in the North East of England in Middlesbrough and Billingham.
- It's a growing business that benefits hugely from export sales to markets including China and the USA, with 60% of its sales coming from abroad.
- It was approached by different Private Equity and financial institutions but chose Expansion Capital because it wanted to keep control of the company.
- Chemoxy received £10m which helped expand its manufacturing capacity and develop its product range.
- Chemoxy benefitted from an investor that was constructive, had a non-controlling stake, and its reporting requirements were reasonable.
The best bits about Expansion Capital
Our investor has been non-controlling and constructive.
The investment has helped to accelerate our growth and provide more financial confidence in the business.
We didn't have to give up control of our company.
We've benefitted from an investor that has helped with the growth of the company.
Access to a network of board level contacts.
LivingLens used Venture Capital investment to raise £2.5m to grow its team and expand into new markets.